Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hudson > Castillo


There has been a lot of talks this offseason about the Mets' second baseman. There have been a lot of ideas thrown around and a lot of suggestions on what to do with that position. The idea that I most agree with that I don't think ownership will agree with is to sign Orlando Hudson and bench Luis Castillo.

This is a great idea. If we get Hudson, we would have a superb defense and offense. Now I don't know how they would like the fact of eating Castillo's contract on the bench, but I think it should be done. From what I've heard, Castillo is a downer in the clubhouse and Hudson is very positive. Plus, Hudson can produce offense along with his great defense.

Castillo has been an eye sore to the Mets for some time, and there needs to be a change. How would you not sell more tickets if ownership listens to you, the fan, and upgrade second base? This would be a smart idea for both on and off the field. The signing would bring new blood and a new face to the infield where he will be loved by us Mets fans instead of hated like Castillo.

Reyes-Hudson-Wright-Beltran-Bay-Francoeur-Murphy-Molina is a crazy lineup that gives us great depth. If I were Omar, I would definitely sign Hudson and bench Castillo. Castillo would be pissed and ask to be traded and Omar will tell me that he tried the entire offseason to trade him, so good luck.

I think I can speak for every Mets fan out there, Castillo needs to leave New York.

4 comments:

  1. Agreed, Castillo has been a black cloud over his organization for long enough...GET HIM OUT OF HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta shake things up, you know? We knew Marquis wanted to come to New York and let him slip, let's not do the same to Hudson (again...)

    Michael
    chemetsry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, except I wasn't wild about Marquis...Hudson, I get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Marquis' consistency, I might rather him over Pineiro's big question mark. He's not the #2 we were looking for, but I believe he would've fit nice at the #3 or #4 spot. Who knows... This year is an awful year to need pitching desperately...

    Michael
    chemetsry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete