Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Just Love To Suffer


It's been a while since I have written on here because my loyalty to the Mets kills me as well as our former neighbors in the great home that was Shea stadium (R.I.P.) the New York Jets. The Jets this year have made the playoffs and to get away from Jason Bay, Molina, and how Minaya seems to have no sense of where this team is ultimately going I figured I'd write a little segment on the Jets.

This team seems destined to break our hearts. So much promise, so many "what ifs", so young, so talented. Will it be enough? After their trouncing of the Bengals last week, they roll into Cincy riding a winning streak of 5 out of their last 6 to rematch the same team. Hopefully I will make this a weekly Jets post if they keep winning. As I continue to be a long suffering Mets fan, I guess just add a long suffering Jets that will be disappointed until we can finally bring home a championship to a team that I actually like in New York. Dad, why didn't you raise me a Yankees and Giants fan?

So Saturday at 4:30, I will be there in my usual spot with my usual friends and family tuned into the television. To watch what I hope is the beginning of the end to my 20 years and counting of suffering watching these two New York teams continuously let me down and crush my dreams of one day going into New York City and watch my team ride floats in the Canyon of Heroes.

3 comments:

  1. Your dad didn't raise you a Yankees or Giants fan because your dad isn't a douche bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point well said.

    Michael
    chemetsry@gmail.com
    twitter: @chemetsry

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we continue playing the same game as we are right now I believe we can go all the way. I like limiting Sanchez to the short pass and running the ball a a lot because it opens the opportunity for a deep ball to Braylon Edwards and a big play. We can finally stop the long suffering of being a Met/Jet fan.

    ReplyDelete